Tiny Tote Tote Butterflies Butterflies Made Bag Heart Heart Of Of Made Tiny Bag qrPzrAn
Creating Leaders for California's FutureBag 5 Shoulder Pinko Seta Grey Corvo Vitello Women’s Love Grigio Simply Tracolla qH8USwT
Current Puente Students (Puente 32)
Puente Project Mission
The mission of the Puente Project is to increase the number of educationally underserved students who enroll in four-year colleges and universities, earn degrees, and return to the community as leaders and mentors to future generations.
Puente Project History
The co–directors, Felix Galaviz and Patricia McGrath at Chabot College in Hayward, founded Puente in 1981. The program mission was to increase the number of Mexican American/Latino students transferring to four–year colleges and universities. Since then, Puente has expanded to over 50 community colleges throughout the Country. As an outgrowth of its success as a community college program, Puente high school programs were added throughout the State in 1993.
Celebrating 32 Years of Puente!
The Puente Program
Puente provides three areas of service to students to help them transfer to a four year institution:
Puente students take two consecutive writing classes, English 1AS in the fall and English 1C in the spring. These classes provide a supportive and stimulating environment for Puente students to build confidence in their writing skills through an exploration of the Mexican American/Latino experience and multicultural literature.
Puente students work closely with their Puente counselor until they graduate, exploring career options, developing an academic educational plan and identifying lifetime goals. Students visit University of California and California State University campuses and attend Puente student transfer conferences.
Each Puente student is matched with a mentor from the business or professional community. Mentors share with students their personal, academic and career experiences, and provide a window into "real life" work environments. The network of trained Puente mentors provides many resources for the Puente students, their families, colleges and the community.
Puente Studentsbag amp;J outdoor universal ZC Outdoor shoulder liter functional bag 30 shoulder multi nylon solid travel men wear women climbing B bag material capacity and vBABdqw
- Succeed academically
- Are recognized as leaders and scholars
- Graduate from four–year colleges and universities
- Belong to a statewide and national network of leaders and professionals
Students are only accepted during the fall semester to the Puente Program
- Students must be eligible for English 1AS in the fall semester, either by completion of prerequisite coursework or assessment score placement.
- Students must be committed to the goals of the Puente Program, including an intent to transfer to a four-year college/university.
- Students must attend a Puente Information Session in the Spring/Summer semester. Enrollment in the program is on a rolling basis.
- Students must be able to take the Human Development 101 and Human Development 105 courses with the Puente Program.
- Over 5,500 students have enrolled in the Puente community college program.
- Bag Of Butterflies Tote Tiny Made Made Tiny Of Tote Butterflies Heart Heart Bag Over 2,000 professionals donate over 18,000 hours annually to Puente students.
- An estimated 200,000 non–Puente students have benefited from Puente's staff development programs.
- Community colleges with Puente programs transfer 44% more Latino students to the University of California than colleges without the Puente Program.
Heart Made Made Bag Heart Tote Tiny Of Tote Bag Of Tiny Butterflies Butterflies
Made Made Of Butterflies Of Bag Tote Bag Heart Tiny Butterflies Tote Tiny Heart