The Puente Project is a transfer preparation program designed to increase the number of educationally underserved students who transfer to four-year colleges and universities, earn degrees, and return to their communities as mentors. The program is offered as a partnership between the University of California and the California Community Colleges.
Puente works! Data has proven that Puente students transfer at over twice the average rate of non-Puente students.
Puente Project students:
- are taught by Puente-trained teachers and counselors.
- take a rigorous two-course English class sequence (ENGL 142B & ENGL 1A) with a focus on Latino and multicultural authors.
- take personal development classes (COUNS 103A & COUNS 103B) focused on college success, transfer preparation and self-exploration.
- work closely with their Puente counselors to prepare an academic plan, focus on academic and professional goals, and transfer to a four-year university.
- receive one-on-one mentoring from members of the professional community.
- participate in activities such as educational and cultural field trips are designed to engage the student in an exciting learning community that creates a foundation of support for student success.
Puente Project Eligibility
Handbag Gaeruite Woven Rattan Bag Woven Box Beach Storage Straw Bag Straw Bag Handmade Handbag Woven Retro Style Basket Rattan Bag Lunch
Puente Project Fall 2018 Orientations
Puente Project Faculty + Staff
Straw Retro Straw Storage Handbag Rattan Gaeruite Basket Bag Lunch Beach Woven Bag Handmade Bag Bag Style Handbag Woven Woven Box Rattan